Everything you need to know about Google Merchant Ads
How to harness the power of Google’s network to promote your eCommerce products, boost website traffic and get better leads with Google Merchant ads.
Struggling to get to the top of Google’s search results? Want to get your products in front of people as they’re searching for items online? Google Merchant ads can help you get more eyes on your products and help boost your eCommerce sales.
Here’s all you need to know.
What are Google Merchant Ads?
There are several different kinds of Google ads, and Google Merchant ads are particularly effective for eCommerce businesses.
Google Merchant ads are ads set up using Google’s Merchant Center. Google Merchant Center is a tool that enables you to upload your eCommerce data to Google and use it to create Shopping ads that promote your products on Google’s platforms.
These kinds of ads get your products in front of the people who want to buy them in a visually engaging way. eCommerce businesses can use them to harness the power of Google’s network to promote inventory, showcase the latest deals, boost website traffic or foot traffic to a physical store, and find better qualified leads.
Why use Google Merchant Center to promote your products?
There are many benefits to setting up Shopping Ads via Google Merchant Center.
- Accuracy of product data: Product information is taken directly from your eCommerce website, which means pricing and availability is always up-to-date.
- Actionable insights: Accurate reporting lets you understand how your ads are performing. The helpful Opportunities page gives you personalised recommendations to improve your campaigns to drive engagement and sales.
- Rise to the top of Google’s search results: With Google Shopping ads, you can feature your products at the top of Google search results pages, ensuring they’re not missed by potential shoppers.
- Different check-out options: Promote your in-store inventory to local audiences or encourage them to check out on your website.
- Sell globally: Google Shopping ads are available in over 90 countries, so you can reach customers all over the world.
“Get your products in front of the people who want to buy them.”
What do Google Merchant ads look like?
The beauty of Google Shopping ads is that because the data is taken from your eCommerce store, there’s minimal effort required to create them.
- Ads that you set up via the Google Merchant Center will generally include:
- An image of your product;
- A product title;
- Product price (which can be configured in multiple currencies);
- Average customer product rating;
- A link to the product on your website.
How do you set up Google Shopping Ads in Google Merchant Center?
Setting up Google Shopping Ads is straightforward. First, you’ll need to have your eCommerce website up and running, with your product information uploaded and ready to go (don’t have a website yet? Talk to us about website design and development).
Next, create a Google Merchant Center account and verify your contact and business info, adding tax and shipping details. Once your account has been activated, it’s time to set up the feeds that will transfer product information from your website.